Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2019

Fall In Missouri


I have company - a dear friend from Texas and his niece, whom I haven't seen in nearly 2 decades. So I don't have research time at the moment. So I thought I'd share one of my favorite things...

Two weeks ago, we had high temperatures in the upper 90s. Last week, in the upper 80s. This week--Fall has arrived! Lows dipping into the 40s, highs only reaching the 70s. To me, this is perfect weather. I love Fall!

And the added bonus? The leaves begin to turn those magnificent colors of autumn. Everywhere there will be reds, oranges and, because Missouri is the oak tree capital of the world, lots of yellows.
 
I live in a beautiful part of the country. Rolling hills covered in trees, limestone cliffs, lakes and streams for fishing and boating, and… Fall.

How about you? Is it Fall where you are?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, such beautiful colours. Nature is teaching us how good it can be to let go so you can make a fresh start. I love this time of year. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missouri must be much like North Carolina because that's pretty much the weather we've had the last few months as well. It's been dry here until this week. The only place where the leaves have begun to turn are in the Carolina mountains up in Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, and Boone. Maybe in the next couple weeks we'll have some color, too.
    It's my favorite season, too, Tracy. It's feels exhilarating and inspiring.
    all the best...

    ReplyDelete