Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2022

New Release — The Rancher (Friendly Creek Book 1) by Agnes Alexander

 

When Adam Murdock leaves his post as an Army scout to save his grandfather’s ranch, he’s not sure if he just made the biggest mistake of his life. Not only is the ranch mortgaged to the hilt, but a questionable run of odd setbacks begins that has him wondering who is out to take everything his grandfather has worked for.When Adam Murdock leaves his post as an Army scout to save his grandfather’s ranch, he’s not sure if he just made the biggest mistake of his life. Not only is the ranch mortgaged to the hilt, but a questionable run of odd setbacks begins that has him wondering who is out to take everything his grandfather has worked for.

Adam’s younger sister, Wynona, has returned from school in North Carolina and moved in with their disabled grandfather to help him and Adam. How she wishes for her best friend from school, no-nonsense Blaire Hampton, to come set things right in Wyoming—but will she be able to come for a visit?

Blaire has just overheard a conversation between her uncle and her cousin that lets her know her life is in danger—and she must get away from them if she has any hope of staying alive! Inheriting a fortune is deadly with the greedy relatives she’s saddled with—and the only hope she has is to get away from them as far as she possibly can.

When Blaire and her maid, Violet, arrive in Friendly Creek, she feels safe for the first time since they left North Carolina—but that’s short-lived when Blaire’s uncle and cousin show up and have her kidnapped! This is one final, dangerous scrape she may not be able to get herself out of without the help of the man she’s fallen in love with—Adam Murdock, THE RANCHER.

EXCERPT

“We can’t let Grandmother get away with doing this, can we, Father?”

“You ought to know I’d never do that, Perry. Since the will was read, I’ve been thinking of how I can get that money away from my hard-headed niece. I haven’t come up with a firm plan, but I do have an idea of what to do.”

“I hope you come up with something workable soon. You know how Blaire is. She’s apt to give most of the money away as soon as she knows it’s hers.”

Blaire saw her uncle shaking his head. “I’ve already thought about that. The girl’s too generous for her own good. Oh, I don’t mind giving the church a few dollars now and then, but I still fume when I remember how Blaire talked Mother into paying for the new bell for the belfry. That thing cost a fortune.”

“You know how Grandmother was. She wouldn’t often listen to you or me when we’d suggest she do something, but she’d go ahead and do anything her precious granddaughter asked her to do.”

“Well, that’s neither here nor there. I need to tell you the tentative plan I’ve come up with to get her money, and I’m going to need your help to do it.”

     

12 comments:

  1. Agnes,
    Congratulations on you latest release. I see it is Book 1. How many do you have planned for Friendly Creek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaye. I'm not sure how many yet. PRP has Book 2 and I'm working on Books 3 & 4. I'm not sure if that'll be the end. I'm writing about the town of Friendly Creek, and it may go on for a while.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Agnes. Very intriguing excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new release, Agnes. It looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agnes I always love your stories and this was no exception. I'm so glad to see this new series! Congratulations on this new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying writing it, Cheryl. I hope you like the next books coming up. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy for you, Agnes. I love a little mystery and danger in a romance. Congratulations on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I hope people will like this series as much as I enjoy writing it.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Agnes. I wish you every success with your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be...www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete