Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2024

Meet my Lucky Duck!

He hasn't a name but he is definitely male. I've had him for a long time, ever since I was a little girl. My great aunt Jessie was a firm believer in lucky ducks and bought me this little blue one so I could have my own bit of luck. I chose him for his cheerful yellow bill and his lovely sky-blue plumage.

Lucky Ducks were first created by Peter Rantell, when actors appearing in Whitby asked for a good luck charm (as one cannot make luck for oneself). A small, endearing duck was the result and now the business of producing them is over fifty years old. 

My lucky duck has perched on every ms that I've sent out. Now my mss are sent out in email form, my duck always perches on top of my computer on the night before I post. When he's not sitting on manuscripts, he glides on top of my mobile phone as it lies on the bookcase, waiting for THE CALL from a big movie producer.

Well, a duck and a girl can dream!

Lindsay



3 comments:

  1. He's adorable, and his links to Whitby make me love him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. Gave me a big smile. Didn't know there was an official line of Lucky Ducks.

    ReplyDelete