Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Book Review: Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride by Sarah J McNeal

22574216

Blurb:

When Lola Barton inherits a rundown plantation, she believes her life has finally taken a positive turn. But, when she finds a mysterious trunk in the attic, it takes her into the past and to a man with dark secrets—and she’s married to him.

My Review:

With a little bit of magic and twists, we're immediately catapulted back in time 100 years with Lola, landing disoriented and discovering we've just been wed. And not only that, but we already have enemies after us! Time travel always makes for a disorienting and twisted story - trying to figure out how to adjust and deal and what happened and what we want to have happen. Lola and Joe are no exception. Joe's got to come to terms with the woman he married who he thought he knew and his own secret demons chasing him, while Lola's got to come to terms with not only figuring out her present but letting go of her past and discovering who she truly is. And then they both have to deal with the growing feelings between each other.

With twists and turns, attitude and laughter, tears and surprises, I adored watching all the puzzle pieces fall together and seeing how it all worked out in the end to deliver a swoony happily-ever-after.

Purchase Link:

     

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this review, Michelle R.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome!! It was a pleasure to experience Joe and Lola's happily-ever-after!

      Delete
  2. I love time travel romances and this one sounds like a challenge for the hero and heroine to find their HEA. Great review, as usual from Miss Michelle. I love the title

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the fun and interesting challenge to find it. I wasn't sure how Sarah was gonna make it all work out and I loved that! :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful, wonderful story! This started "it" all for the Wilding family! Great review, Michelle, and Sarah, very well deserved! I love me some Wildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks!! and I'm tickled that "it" got started and there's more to come! I'm excited for Banjo. Especially knowing it's along the time of WW1 and with Veterans Day being today and alot of memories and focus and thanks given for that...

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Cheryl. I went into writer's block in the middle of this story way back when. I had the whole thing plotted out, but I couldn't move forward. A writer friend helped me get going again, but it was you who first found the right home for this story. I owe you a debt of gratitude for that and now I am with PRP and happy as I can be.

      Delete
  4. This sounds wonderful! Even better to learn there's a whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful! Even better to learn there's a whole series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C.A., I didn't plan a series when I wrote Harmonica Joe and Lola's story, but that dang Banjo won my heart and I had to write his story in the backdrop of WWI. The series just happened. But I sure am glad it did because I ending up loving each and every one of the Wildings including their relative, the Thoroughgoods and Red Skys.
      Thank you so much for your comment.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad too!! I'm excited to get to see the family grow and revisit them! :)

      Delete
    3. Michelle, I hope you do get the chance to read more Wildings and, if you do, I hope you love them. Thanks again for the review.

      Delete