Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Movie Kisses Series 1/9/2024 Phantom of the Opera #prairierosepubs #moviekisses #poto


In my 2023 year-long blogging series, I looked at dance scenes from historically-set movies that showed us so much more about the relationship between the dancers than straight dialogue could accomplish as efficiently.

Come along with me in 2024 for my series about kissing scenes in historically-set movies. The time period is roughly cut off at 1945.

These aren’t just any old kisses. These are THE KISS. THE KISS we've craved through the movie. We need THE KISS. We’ve waited and waited for THE KISS. It makes our foot ‘pop’. 

Jeremy Bishop photo | Unsplash

I will offer a background set-up to each scene and a clip of the scene. I’m saving my two favorite kissing scenes until December. It will be worth the wait, I promise.

Each kissing scene is workplace-friendly.

The January Kissing Scene is from The Phantom of the Opera (2004).


Yes. The Phantom is not a nice guy. I get it. Over the course of the movie, he’s committed murder, kidnapping, extortion, and coercion to name a few undesirable traits in a companion, but dang, I love this story so much that I’m able to overlook those rather egregious shortcomings. (twisted…I know)

Sure, the first kissing scene with Christine and Raoul is romantic when they are on the roof of the Opera Populaire and it required so many takes that Emmy Rossum (Christine) had to ice her lips because they were swollen, but it's the kiss with Gerard Butler (the Phantom) that makes my foot pop. (I may or may not have actually swooned the first time I saw this scene.) ;-)

I anticipated The Kiss from the moment the Phantom showed himself in the mirror.


We know Christine and Raoul will end up together, because Raoul is the knight in shining armor. But The Phantom is the bad boy, and I have a soft spot in my romance-writing heart for the misunderstood bad boy.

This clip is the ending few minutes of the movie. Watch through 1:20 and you’ll see The Kiss.


See you next month for more kisses from the big screen.


Kaye Spencer
www.kayespencer.com

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog series, and a spectacular example to kick off with. He is a baddie you love to feel sorry for. Happy New Year and I look forward to reading your other posts on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Phantom is such a sympathetic character who really is a baddie in so many ways. Thanks for stopping in. This series will be entertaining if for no other reason than a trip down movie-memory lane.

      Delete
  2. The 'kiss', we live for it. I do look forward this series. Doris

    ReplyDelete